Saturday, February 21, 2015

to sneeze, or not to sneeze?

it's the second-to-last saturday in february. i'm not exactly sure how 2015 has passed so quickly already, and part of me is freaking out about it. that part, of course, is the part of me that realizes how much schoolwork has to be done between now and august and how little of it has been done thus far).

my boss came to work this week with the flu, and i'm stuck sick at home on the couch today. pretty much all i've done all day long is lie on the couch in my living room (that is, the living room at home with my parents because i still live at home, yeah). i've seen so many episodes of pretty little liars - i'm on season three, no spoilers please - and i haven't had nearly enough water to drink, according to my retired nurse grandma. i'm not 100% blaming my boss because i don't think that my immune system is top notch right now, and i'm preeetty sure this isn't the flu. however, i'm not willing to spend my sunday morning sitting in the doctor's office and using my newly-purchased personal insurance plan to find out for sure. because when i say that my immune system isn't up to par, i'm really not joking. i normally sleep 4-5 hours a night, i conveniently keep forgetting to go to the gym, and i don't eat enough fruits and veggies and too much not-good stuff. oh, and i'm also stressed out all the time, since i work 40 hours a week on top of going to grad school. i do try to take vitamins though.

anyway, it's nighttime now, and i've wasted the whole day on the couch. i've played a bit of video games, i've watched so much netflix. it's raining, though, and my cat is taking a nap beside me, and i think i really earned this sick day. i think i will go fix myself a cup of tea and maybe a taco, and continue to watch pretty little liars while ignoring my actual responsibilities.

until next time,
xx

No comments: